According to the psychological principle of excitation transfer, the best dates to increase attraction are ones which cause certain physiological symptoms like:
- an accelerated heartbeat
- sweaty palms
- shaking knees
Even though excitation transfer didn’t work out so well for Tali in Talisman Turner Minds the Gap, she created this handy excitation transfer dating guide with 7 dates you should make…and 7 dates you should break:
7 Dates To Avoid When You Want to Create Excitation Transfer
- Dinner and a movie. This combo may be a dating classic, but it’s too sedentary to allow for excitation transfer to take place.
- Scavenging a farmer’s market for lunch
- Bowling. According to Tali’s ex-boyfriend, Doug, not going bowling is “so un-American.” That may be true, but trolling the lanes is a surefire way to kill the sparks…at least according to excitation transfer.
- A visit to the aquarium. According to AskMen.com, “underwater creatures are colorful, slimy, toothy, and weird enough to keep things interesting.” Unfortunately, from behind their glass walls, our aquatic friends are unlikely to make your knees buckle.
- A couple’s massage. While definitely enjoyable, it’s way too relaxing to create any excitation transfer.
- Museum- or gallery-hopping. It’s not uncultured to avoid the museum. It’s a sound dating strategy!
- A hot air balloon ride. Unless one of you is afraid of heights…and then the date isn’t romantic, it’s just cruel.
7 Dates To Help You Generate Excitation Transfer
- White-water rafting
- Visiting a haunted house. In the world of excitation transfer, Halloween is way more romantic than Valentine’s Day!
- Riding roller coasters at an amusement park
- Singing at a karaoke bar. For a lot of people, belting out tunes in public can be more intimidating than swimming with sharks…
- Taking a spin class together. Buckled knees are virtually guaranteed.
- A Dance Dance Revolution duel. After your heart rate skyrockets, follow this advice from MarieClaire and let the winner pick out a prize.
- Test drive a sports car. If you’re really feeling adventurous, check out BMW’s M School.
For more Talisman Turner Book 2 Extras, please visit the official book page for Talisman Turner Minds the Gap!
YOUR TURN: What other dating ideas could help generate excitation transfer?
Leaf Heart by @Doug88888